THE SURVIVING PAWSTEPS
A fascinating world of wonder, power, and mystery awaits you...
Do you dare to join?

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

THE SURVIVING PAWSTEPS
A fascinating world of wonder, power, and mystery awaits you...
Do you dare to join?
THE SURVIVING PAWSTEPS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
RushClan/Outside land borderThu 05 Sep 2019, 11:13 amWillowstorm
RippleClan | CampThu 05 Sep 2019, 11:11 amWillowstorm
RushClan | CampWed 10 Jul 2019, 5:57 amMetzi
PathClan :: The Warm CavernTue 02 Jul 2019, 4:50 pmWillowstorm
flintpawTue 02 Jul 2019, 1:59 pmWillowstorm
CrestClan | Southern Territory: Low CitySun 26 May 2019, 11:24 amWillowstorm
CrestClan | The Pigeon's NestSun 26 May 2019, 11:23 amWillowstorm
CrestClan | CampSun 26 May 2019, 11:22 amWillowstorm
PathClan :: CampSun 19 May 2019, 6:09 amFeather
~~Justice The Wanderer~~Mon 13 May 2019, 5:03 pmWillowstorm
Clan Information
Weather: Newleaf, Early Afternoon
Though the sunlight is shining snow lays thick on the ground, and as it melts the new buds of flowers and branches bloom.
Leader: Bumblestar (@Aquastar)
Deputies: Kestrelthorn (@Willowstorm), Cherryhaze (@Feather)
Medicine cats: Peachwhisker (@Leopardspots), Gustynose (@Willowstorm)
Medicine apprentices: Mosspaw (@Davewing),

Leader: Sleekstar (@Willowstorm)
Deputies: Loftwing (@Aquastar)
Medicine cats: Wasplight (@Quake), Covewhisper (@Feather)
Medicine apprentices: Lynxpaw (@Wishflight), {reserved}

Leader: Frozenstar (@Feather)
Deputies: Stagheart (@Leopardspots), {reserved}
Medicine cats: Stonestripe (@Leopardspots), Flurryfeather (@Metzi)
Medicine apprentices: Foxpaw (@Lily), {reserved}

Leader: Hauntstar (@Leopardspots)
Deputies: Doespirit (@Doespirit),
Medicine cats: Fogberry (@Willowstorm), Pearldapple (@Aquastar)
Medicine apprentices: Saffronpaw (@Feather),
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Top posters
508 Posts - 28%
441 Posts - 24%
383 Posts - 21%
192 Posts - 11%
107 Posts - 6%
67 Posts - 4%
53 Posts - 3%
32 Posts - 2%
27 Posts - 1%
17 Posts - 1%

Go down
Willowstorm
Willowstorm
Staff
Staff
https://thesurvivingpawsteps.forumotion.com

A Hello, Welcome, and Clarification(s) - 13th December '18 Empty A Hello, Welcome, and Clarification(s) - 13th December '18

Thu 13 Dec 2018, 3:12 pm
Hey guys, welcome to the site! Nice to see people still roleplaying, even through this busy time of the year. Good luck for all your exams, I know you'll do great! (The schoolwork channel in the discord is open if you ever need help with anything, I'm sure at least one person will be able to help with whatever you need Smile )

Before I forget to write about it, the plot will be up and running soon, but not until more people are able to join in. I just don't think it'd be fair to have a major plot beginning while some people aren't able to be a part of it, and I want EVERYONE to feel like they've got an important role!

I just wanted to clarify a few things, seeing as they seem to be spoken about but not really written down everywhere. I'm planning to update the General Look at the Clans topic soon, along with the Colouration and Mutations topic and adding new guides to make the RP a little more clear, especially seeing as we want to start attracting new members soon.

1) For all the Clans, interbreeding would result in cats that can't survive, so in this reimagining of the RP medicine cats are allowed to have kits only if there is another full medicine cat and apprentice available to fill in. This is also due to the high death rate; officially, litters with 1-2 kits generally all survive to adulthood, though the chance of death during apprenticeship is doubled for all litters. Litters with 3-4 kits have only 1 or 2 survive to adulthood, and litters with 5 would likely kill the mother as well as all the kits. You can still have a litter of five, you'd just need to PM or Discord message me, Leo, or Quake and Aqua first.

2) The degree of being mutated isn't fixed; the traits listed in the Colouration and Mutations topic are a list, however there are mutations that the cats must have in order to be able to keep up with their Clanmates.
CrestClan: strong legs for jumping
RippleClan: webbed paws and immunity to bloodcough (lungs and immunity don't need to be mentioned on auditions, it can just be assumed, it is just good to keep in mind, however)
RushClan: long legs and sensitive hearing (see below for the 'new' mutation)
PathClan: vibration sensitivity and dark vision (again, see below)

A few new mutations have been edited/added in to kind of amp up the diversification of each Clan.
RippleClan have gained the use of a type of echolocation in the water, especially if a cat's vision or hearing is compromised. Leo can tell you more about the science behind it, but basically it works best for swimming, as it is based on feeling vibrations through a liquid.
RushClan has a similar new mutation, however any cat can have this ability, as it is common within the Clan. It is based on a combination of sound and feeling, and can be used mostly with tracking rabbits underground. Again, it could be called a type of echolocation, but it is more alike to Toph from The Last Airbender where she uses her Earthbending techniques to 'see' what is around her. Sorry if you don't understand the reference, feel free to PM me if you need more of a clarification  Very Happy
PathClan's new mutation is a little different from the other two, as it negates their main mutation. Dark/night vision is crucial to their Clan, however, a lot of animals that live their lives underground lose the use of their eyes, and it seems like this should be something that is addressed in this Clan. Rather than having the cats gain better sight some cats lose it, replaced by a hyper-sensitivity in their other senses, including hearing and smell. Their sense of temperature, not one often considered in the other clans besides "it's hot" and "it's cold" is also more precise, which can be used to learn which tunnels lead to surfaces and which go further underground.

If you need anything clarified or want to ask more questions, go ahead! I'll reply to anything you ask here, as that's kind of what this topic is mostly about. 

Again, good luck for the rest of the year! Happy Holidays Smile

~Willow
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum